17 mars 2023
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org | Shabneez Nurmahomed | 54975581
Therapeutic Case Worker cum Social Worker
We are looking for a Therapeutic Case Worker cum Social Worker at T1 Diams, the NGO providing multidisciplinary support to people living with Type 1 diabetes in Mauritius and Rodrigues Island.
- For the above-mentioned position, we are looking for a professional social worker to help and serve our beneficiaries who are living with Type 1 diabetes.
- Cases will be handled by phone or in person.
- You will be in charge of assessing beneficiaries and gathering relevant information about their cases, providing crisis intervention, and contacting and making referrals to other agencies and services accordingly.
- Contribute and collaborate with multi-disciplinary team for bio-psychosocial follow up.
- Make sure beneficiaries are following the protocol when it comes to handling their diabetes.
- Promote the rights of type 1 diabetics among the community through advocacy interventions.
- Establish a relationship of trust and respect with beneficiaries & ensure follow up at school/work to enhance integration and acceptability.
- Work in close collaboration with the Bio-Psychosocial coordinator and the Counsellor.
- Assisting beneficiaries in receiving services by telephone and in person.
- Assisting beneficiaries in decision making regarding educations, vision, skills, goals, career, interest & values.
- Liaise with & refer beneficiaries to public and private health services and social services Getting beneficiaries involved in beneficial activities.
- Set and determine targets in agreement with beneficiaries (including confidentiality).
- Ensure individual follow ups for social and moral support
- Assessing beneficiaries and gathering relevant information.
- Offering information and supporting beneficiaries and their families.
- Contacting and making referrals to other agencies and services.
- Maintaining accurate records and preparing reports.
- Participating in training, supervision, and meetings.
- Provide crisis intervention.
Deadline : 2 April 2023