Contact : The HR Department (Ref: HR) SOS CHILDREN’S VILLAGES MAURITIUS
firstname.lastname@example.org | 455 0295
Position title: Social Worker
Working location: SOS Facilities
Summary of the Position
The main aim of the Social Worker is to work for the development and integration of the child.
The Social Worker (SW) gives full support to the houses and sees that the standards are respected.
He/ she closely works with children and families, develops objectives and sees that appropriate actions are being taken.
He/ she actively contributes to improve the quality of care through orientation and training of mothers, holding house meetings, advice and enforcement of decisions and actions, checking health and the education of the child.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and implement development plans for families
- Visit needy families to ensure their progress towards self-reliance
- Effect referrals to specialised agencies - Monitor programme and services, compile information and statistics
- Plan and organise developmental and rights-based activities
- Work in collaboration with other stakeholders and NGOs
- Plan and organise community development activities
- Perform administrative work (reporting, participation in committees etc.)
Reporting to: Programme Unit Coordinator
- Diploma, degree or alternative acceptable qualifications in social work or related field
- Willingness to work after normal working hours and on a flexi-time basis
- Sense of initiative, trustworthy
- Professional experience in working/volunteering with children, youth and families.
Remuneration: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Deadline : 21 septembre 2023