Contact : 4641157 / 5909-9660Educational Pedagogue
Educational Pedagogue (SEN School & Day Care Centre)
The candidate will be take charge of the education of children, adolescents or adults with a physical, sensory or mental handicap, behavioral disorders or difficulties in social adaptation.
1. Higher School Certificate.
2. Bachelor of Arts in Clinical Pedagogy and Special Education;
3. Possess good communication skills (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
4. Prior experience in similar position of not less than 3 years will be an added advantage.
5. A clean certificate of character.
1. Develop learning methods adapted to the situation of beneficiaries in difficulty;
2. Develop special teaching methods to facilitate the acquisition of theoretical knowledge;
3. Design and set up exercises that enable the learning of daily gestures: moving, dressing, shaping objects, etc.;
4. Help the beneficiaries to manage their emotions and their relationships with others in order to facilitate their social integration;
5. supervising the educational steps that help the handicapped person to develop and to be independent;
6. Advise, support parents and teachers in the daily care and stimulation of people with disabilities;
7. Coordinate the various pedagogical measures and assume certain administrative tasks;
8. Participate in the conduct of applied research in the field of disability.
9. Work in close collaboration with specialized teachers and paramedical teams.
Salary is negotiable.
Qualified candidates should submit their CV by email to the Board Secretary of Mauritius Mental Health Association (email@example.com) not later than 15 00 hours (local time) on 30th April 2023.
Applications received after the specified closing date and time will not be considered.
Management reserves the right:
(i) to convene only the best qualified candidates for interview; and not to make any appointment following this advertisement.