Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates who wish to be considered as Outreach Officer for Collectif Arc En Ciel on a freelance basis for a period of 4 months renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.
The Collectif Arc-En-Ciel (CAEC) is the first organisation campaigning for the rights of LGBT people in Mauritius.
As part of its advocacy activities, the CAEC calls on the public authorities to change the legislation in force to allow better protection of LGBT people against all forms of stigma, discrimination, and violence.
CAEC also conducts various awareness campaigns on the rights of LGBT persons, including the annual pride march.
To empower LGBT people, CAEC also provides various services to the community.
Internationally, CAEC is a member of various networks and organizations.
To improve the efficiency of its actions and reach out to the LGBTQIA communities, the CAEC is looking for an experienced, reliable, and task-oriented Freelance Outreach Officer.
The Outreach Officer will work directly under the supervision of the Monitoring & Evaluation and /or Executive Assistant and will be responsible for carrying out various outreach and fieldwork related tasks.
1. Possess outreach and fieldwork skills;
2. Possess good communication and interpersonal skills and be fluent in creole;
3. Strong commitment to LGBTQIA issues, gender, human rights, and social justice in Mauritius 4. Possess personal integrity and ethical standards, with demonstrated ability to handle confidential matters in a discreet and respectful manner;
5. Possess a level of maturity and self-awareness so as to be able to work with the LGBTQIA Community;
6. Have a high level of personal initiative and resourcefulness.
7. Able to work irregular hours when required
● Conduct field outreach interventions to LGBTQIA communities;
● Carry out home visits to LGBTQIA communities for follow-up if required;
● Sensitise on LGBTQIA and related issues;
● Refer members of the community to CAEC or partner NGOs for social support services;
● Create and maintain good communication and working relationships with the communities;
● Identify and maintain contact with key informants and be involved in community activities to build rapport with the community;
● Distribute condoms, masks and other protective equipment;
● Collect monitoring data during outreach activities;
● Participate in various workshops, events, activities and training as and when instructed by a representative of CAEC;
● Carry out other cognate duties as and when instructed by a representative of CAEC.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should submit their written application with an updated Curriculum Vitae containing personal details together with copies of educational certificates and evidence of experience, not later than 31st January 2021, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates should mention the post they are applying for.
CAEC reserves the right NOT to make any appointment following the advertisement. For additional information, please contact us on ( 230) 5924 1104 / 465 4596.
Collectif Arc En Ciel is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of one’s age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical condition, religious or cultural beliefs, ethnicity, marital status, etc.