T1 Diams, the NGO providing multidisciplinary support to people living with Type 1 diabetes in Mauritius and Rodrigues Island is looking for a dynamic Counselling Therapist Cum Social Worker on a full-time basis.
Duties and responsibilities:
Responsibilities at Beneficiary Level:
- Establish a relationship of trust with beneficiaries
- Identify, plan, develop and ensure the implementation of an appropriate intervention plan for the beneficiaries
- Ensure individual follow up to provide moral and social support
- Follow up at school/work to facilitate integration and acceptability
- Accompany beneficiaries for social aids, training
Responsibilities at Beneficiary's family Level:
-Empower parents and family members through training and education
- Carry out group or individual counselling sessions with type 1 diabetics' families
Responsibilities at Organisational level:
- Work in collaboration with T1 Diams', diabetic educators, doctors, dietitian and other health professionals to ensure a multidisciplinary approach
- Submit a weekly report on the progress of the beneficiary.
- Attend training courses, workshops and meetings
- Participate actively in all activities organized by the NGO.
Profile of ideal candidate:
- People oriented approach
- Excellent communication, analytic and listening skills
- Respect, empathy and discretion
- Proactive and self-directed person
- Openness and while being non-judgmental
- Ability to adapt to all social strata and environment
- Fluent in Creole, French and English
- Willing to work during weekends and after office hours
- Good field work experience
- Ability to work in teams
- Masters in Social Work/Counselling/Psychology from a recognized university with at least 3 years of experience as counsellor and/or social worker.
- Knowledge of computer tools such as email; Microsoft Word and Excel.
Please send your CV and a Motivational Letter to the email address: email@example.com or send via post to 9, Bernadin de St Pierre Street, Quatres Bornes by latest 25 January 2019.
Contact person :