Social Worker We are looking for experienced Social Workers for full-time employment to work at field level with vulnerable children, adolescents and families/caregivers.
They will work in the Children’s Villages and/or the outreach field intervention, mainly in pockets of poverty, to prevent child neglect and abandonment.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Interviewing and counselling children, youths and young adults to develop self-esteem and capacity for their development.
2. Make referrals and follow-up actions (e.g., for education, training, pensions, employment and housing)
3. Motivate families and caregivers to empower them.
4. Visit and support biological families of children in the care of SOS Children’s Villages for integration of adolescents.
5. Plan and implement individual, group or community activities.
6. Motivate participation in existing projects (e.g., education, vocational training, literacy and numeracy activities, and empowerment activities).
7. Follow-up requirements for quality care (e.g., child protection, child rights).
• Certificate in Social Work or relevant qualification and in related fields (education, community development, social work etc.).
• Experience of 1-2 years in fieldwork with the target groups.
• Reliable, dynamic, actions and results-oriented and keen interest in helping children, youth and families.
• Capacity to build strong and consistent helping relationships.
• Availability to work at odd hours and on a flexible basis.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft applications (E-Mail, Word, Excel).
• Readiness to reside in accommodation provided in the facility is a definite advantage.
Remuneration: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Training will be provided.
Please send us your application, CV and copies of qualifications latest by the 26 January 2021.
The HR Department,
SOS CHILDREN’S VILLAGES MAURITIUS,
3 G. Ythier Street,
or by e-mail on email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages Mauritius reserves the right not to appoint anyone following this advertisement.
Contact person : Ms Chandrika Soogund