The Outreach Social Worker reports to the Operations Manager.
The role of the Outreach Social Worker is to work with Haemophilia and other bleeding disorders population by acting as a liaison between community and programs.
Also, to work in close relationship with the Medical and Scientific Advisory Committee (MASAC) and to carry out a coordinated programme with hospital staff and Haemophilia Association of Mauritius.
Key responsibilities and tasks include:
• Home visits and hospital visit to person with haemophilia, carriers of haemophilia and families to boost self confidence and self esteem.
• Help in all areas of a person’s with haemophilia and other bleeding disorders life providing education, support and advocacy
• Assist in providing information about bleeding disorder to newly diagnosed patients and family through different life stages
• Provide support to immediate families
• Referral to other NGOs and service providers
• Conduct family pedigree and assessments and liaise with family members to understand the needs of each patients.
• Serve as an emotional support system by providing counselling to patients and refer to psychologists.
• Act as a liaison between patients, families and healthcare professionals.
• Weekly reports on visit scheduled with recommendations.
• Maintain positive relationships with stakeholders, reporting any issues in a timely manner to manager.
• Ensure each patient has Haemophilia bracelets and make necessary arrangement to provide the bracelets.
• Collection of data at each regional hospital
• Budget Monitoring
• To assist the Team in the organisation of events
• Any cognate duties.
Skills and experience
Qualifications diploma/degree in social work or any related field
Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
Available to work on Sundays and Public holidays
Available to work after office hours and at night.
Effective time management and ability to meet deadlines.
Ability to work on own initiative.
Own vehicle would be an advantage.
Commitment and desire to make a difference.
Flexible, and willing to work in the fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
Conscientious and responsible.
A solution focused and person-centered outlook.
Salary Negotiable depending on qualifications and experience.
Send CV and motivational letter on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline : 29th March 2019
Contact : Mohsena Olath-Carramtally - 4243627