Email : email@example.com
Tel : 697-6117
The position within the Mauritius Reptile Recovery Programme (ref MRRP) offers:
- Exciting opportunity to support the conservation of highly threatened Mauritian reptiles.
- Working within a dynamic Field Team from various backgrounds
- Unparalleled working environment within the beautiful coastal forest of Ile aux Aigrettes, Mahebourg bay.
- Discover the ecosystem of Ile aux Aigrettes while interacting with fauna and flora staff.
- Be part of the Islands Restoration Programme built upon four decades of restoration work.
The work involves intensive systematic searches throughout the forest on the island, reptile capture, handling and assessment of condition and health.
Invasive species control is an ongoing and important component of the work.
Accurate data collection/entry and reporting are a necessity, and conducting basic routine maintenance on the project facilities.
When needed the applicant will also assist with rearing juvenile giant tortoises in captivity and the monitoring of the health and growth.
The applicant will be expected to talk to tourists/visitors about their work and assist with VIP tours and student workshops on the island.
Deadline : 10 May 2021
FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT THIS JOB POSITION AND HOW TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE ON THE FOLLOWING LINK: https://www.mauritian-wildlife.org/jobs