Email : email@example.com
Tel : 460 4286
Association Kinouété is a Non-governmental organisation, which was founded in 2001.
We are engaged in the rehabilitation and reintegration of current and former inmates as well as juvenile offenders.
The aim of Association Kinouété is to build safer communities by promoting autonomous citizens through a person-centered and sustainable approach in view of reducing the rate of recidivism amongst its targeted population.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer is a new role that will build on our rehabilitation and reintegration efforts and improve the organisation’s monitoring, evaluation, and feedback capacities and help us to become a more effective learning organisation—one better able to assess the impact of our work, and to continuously improve the quality of our fundraising and the development of our services.
We are seeking a team member with an evidence-based and capacity development mindset who can strengthen the team knowledge and practice.
Reports to: Programme Manager
• Assist in the creation of a data infrastructure required for ongoing monitoring, evaluation, feedback and learning to strengthen strategy and implementation.
• Implement and enhance a monitoring, evaluation, and feedback framework to aggregate and communicate programme results.
• Conduct research and studies and produce analytical report to be used as a basis for policy activities.
• Collaborate with programme executives and coordinators to synthesise, analyse, and share practices and ideas from grassroots partners’ work.
• Perform qualitative and quantitative analyses of data collected and produce final reports (evaluation) including lessons learnt and recommendations.
• Ensure timely, accurate and complete reporting of programmatic results to funders.
• Assist in the development of data collection tools.
• Assist in the fundraising activities of the association (events, writing of funding requests, development of online donation and others)
• Keep abreast of developments in the field to ensure Kinouété employs the best evaluation and organisational learning strategies.
• Assist in liaising with funders, donors and sponsors.
• Assist in writing progress reports on Kinouété’s programmes to be submitted to funders and other stakeholders.
• Carry out field visits to ensure that programmes are implemented as planned and provide reports including lessons learnt and recommendations.
• Reporting progress to the Management of Kinouété on a monthly basis, identify gaps and propose solutions.
• Work with prison authorities and other partners to collaborate on data collection tools and strategies.
• Review, analyse and provide timely feedback on program reports and other documents relating to programs and implementing teams.
• Analyse and document the progress, impact, challenges and lessons learned of programs.
• Maintain effective relationships between all the departments and programmes and Kinouété including the financial teams.
• Assist in developing tools and resources for use by Kinouété to harmonise and create uniformity for overall reporting of rehabilitation and reintegration efforts.
• Compile information on monitoring, evaluation and learning activities that includes reviewing sessions and workshop reports, participating in visit de-briefs and re-planning reports.
• Assist in providing MEL technical and capacity building support and advice to implementing teams, through the implementation of the training and capacity development plan.
Job description: MEL Officer
• Degree in social sciences, public health or development field (or equivalent) and at least 2 years of experience in Monitoring & Evaluation in the development sector.
• Experience in knowledge management and data analysis with a solid grasp of qualitative methodology is important.
• Ability to plan strategically
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Independent and proactive personality
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and French
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Strong IT Skills
• Strong Excel skills
• Knowledge, interest in and commitment to Human Rights issues and social inclusion
• Good understanding of social inclusion context in Mauritius.
• Experience of managing social inclusion programs in small island developing states.
• Empathy and appreciation complex context and constraints
Deadline: 5 April 2021