29 mai 2019
Mauritian Wildlife Foundation
Kestrel project Conservation Biologists (KPCB)
A unique opportunity to join a dynamic field team, and contribute to the conservation of what was formerly considered the rarest bird in the world.
The project is widely considered as one of the most successful bird conservation projects ever conducted.
The position offers the successful applicant the opportunity to learn a wide range of field skills relating to the monitoring and management of the species including bird handling (ringing, blood sample collection and collection of morphometric measurements).
- Have no fear of heights.
- Climbing experience / a willingness to learn how to climb.
- Good level of physical fitness and stamina (ability to walk long distances and carry heavy loads).
- Experience working outdoors (especially hiking and navigation in the forest and in difficult terrain).
- Motorbike licence / a willingness to learn how to drive a motorbike.
- Strong observation skills.
- Good practical skills.
- Good communicator – written and oral.
- Strong initiative and independence; must be able to work unsupervised on a day to day basis.
- Ability to live and work with teams and persons from different backgrounds in remote arduous conditions.
- Able to follow and work to established protocols.
- Must not be colour blind.
- Proven interest in wildlife conservation and the environment.
More details visit our website at www.mauritian-wildlife.org
Deadline : 29 June 2019
Contact : HR / email@example.com / 6976097