The Finance Officer is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services in compliance with the Procedures Manual in a timely and collaborative manner.
- Maintain an accurate filing system for all financial documents.
- Perform data entry through the Pastel Evolution, including listing of accounts receivable and payable and journals to the general ledger. Prepare payment batches for onward submission for verification and approval.
- Ensure that the cash book and petty cash are updated on a daily basis and verify the petty cash float held by different departments.
- Upload salaries, contracts, and documents on the relevant software.
- Ensure deposits of cheques and cash received by the department.
- Follow up of existing and new projects with colleagues and peers while ensuring accurate capture of data entries in the General ledger system.
- Calculate monthly depreciation of Fixed Assets and ensuring accurate maintenance of Fixed Assets Register.
- Assist in the preparation of reports to Funders.
- Assist in the preparation of schedules as requested by the Superiors.
- Any cognate duty assigned by your superiors.
- ACCA Level 1 or equivalent.
- Skills in data entry on SAGE PASTEL Evolution.
- Computer Course Excel with level 1 & 2
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in finance department.
- Capacity to work in an accurate, methodical and logical manner under high pressure.
- Work in a collaborative, proactive manner with a good sense of team spirit.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Organization and Prioritization skills
- Sense of initiative and consistent decision-making within agreed guidelines
- Fluent in French and English written and spoken
Please send your detailed CV and motivation letter on firstname.lastname@example.org by the 22nd of October 2021.
PILS has a zero-discrimination policy towards key populations and people living with HIV. We are an inclusive NGO and do not tolerate discrimination against gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, marital status or pregnancy. Harassment in any forms towards any staff, volunteers, partners, community members, service providers or funders will not be tolerated by PILS.