SOS Children’s Villages Programme provides family-like alternative care (residential care) in SOS Children’s Villages and Houses Integrated in the Community to children whose parents are unable to care after them.
The Programme also aims to empower vulnerable families to prevent child neglect and abandonment and ensure necessary support to families for children’s well-being.
The Deputy Programme Unit Coordinator will assist the Programme Unit Coordinator to ensure its smooth operation.
He/she ensures the overall development of children and youth for their successful integration.
Key responsibilities include:
Assist the Programme Unit Coordinator in:
• Ensuring effective services delivery which includes: basic care, health, socialisation, education, psycho-social support.
• Implementing child/youth development plans and pedagogical activities.
• Guiding and supporting SOS Caregivers and SOS families
• Preparing and implementing operational plans and activities.
• Implementing relevant programme child protection and safeguarding policies etc.
• Undertaking administrative tasks (including: HR, Finance, assets).
Reporting to: Programme Unit Coordinator.
• Maturity, proven strong leadership qualities and ability to lead and manage a team.
• Diploma in social work, psychology or in related field.
• Minimum of two years’ experience in related field (inclu. child and/or youth care, community development, psychology and management).
• Readiness to reside in accommodation provided in the facility.
Remuneration: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Training will be provided.
Please send us your application, CV and copies of qualifications latest by the 22nd January 2021
The HR Department,
SOS CHILDREN’S VILLAGES MAURITIUS,
3, G. Ythier Street,
or by e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages Mauritius reserves the right not to appoint anyone following this advertisement.
Ms Chandrika Soogund email@example.com 4550295